Thursday, July 4, 2013

The 4th of July @ My House

My husband's favorite holiday is the Fourth of July so we tend to do celebrate this holiday more than the average family.  I thought I would share some of the craziness that goes on around our house in the beginning of July.

Decorations
Flags and the colors red, white, and blue are all around our house.  The front of the house has bunting on the porch, an American flag flying, and something patriotic hanging on the front door.


At the back door guests are met by Uncle and a festive star hanging on the back door.

  

Inside the house, little flags are tucked all over.  Here is the center of my dinning room table.


Festivities
Of course there are always great places to go and people to visit on the Fourth.  We usually head to Kewaskum to visit my brother and sister-in-law and watch the spectacular fireworks show there.  Then we also have Celebrate Waupun attended at home.  This is a four day long festival with live music, rides, and of course more fireworks.  We also usually hit up at least one cook out, either at our house or a friend's place.

Food
Of course when you travel to the cook-outs and watch fireworks, you need some good food.  Here are a couple of treats that I made this year.

I make these cupcakes every year for my husband to take to work.  Of course I try to keep a couple at home for myself.  This year my daughter helped with the sprinkles and the flags.  I think there were more sprinkles on the counter and floor than the cupcakes, but she had a good time helping mama :)


These Rice Krispie treats are a new treat this year.  I found them on Pinterest and thought they looked like something that my daughter could eat with out making a huge mess.  I made these during her nap to try and keep the sprinkle mess to a minimum :)  I do think I need to get a better star cookie cutter for next year.


I hope everyone has a great and safe Fourth of July!  After all the craziness, come back and share what  fun things your family does to celebrate the holiday.

No comments: