Saturday, December 21, 2013

A Homemade Christmas

This Christmas, I wanted to make some of the gifts that we would be giving.  I have always liked homemade, personal gifts.  Making a gift at home doesn't have to take a lot of time or effort.  For example, this year I got a gift basket from a student with three different types of homemade bread.  It was very thoughtful, however I am sure it was easy to put together.  (The bread so far has been delicious :) )

My homemade Christmas started with making my own Christmas cards.  Of course I wanted the photo on our card to either be of the whole family or my daughter.  One Saturday morning, I laid out a white sheet and some Christmas lights and let my daughter play with them.  As she was playing, I grabbed the camera and starting shooting.  After looking through many photos, here are the ones that I chose for the card:



I really like Snapfish for printing my photos, so that is where I looked first for a Christmas card to plug my photos into.  I found one I loved and they even had them 50% off!

Next, I wanted to to make something for my niece and nephew who are 18 month old twins.  I had already gotten them each a toy and a set of books.  Usually, my other gift would be clothes, however, as I was making my daughter a tied fleece blanket, I had the idea to make each of them one as well.  Here is the one for my niece:


I also wanted to make something special for the grandparents from my daughter.  After scrolling again through Pinterest, I got some good ideas.  

Here is a print that I framed:

Here are two ornaments that we created:

The snowman are made out of her fingers :)

The reindeer head is her foot and then the antlers are her hands.

No comments: