Saturday, December 14, 2013

Transforming an Entertainment Center

With a two-year in the house who enjoys touching everything, we finally came to the conclusion that we needed to get a new entertainment center for the TV.  One that would have the TV a little higher, out of her reach :)

Once we got the new one, we didn't know what to do with the old one.  It is still in great shape even though we have had it for over eight years.  I had thought about putting it in the toy room and letting my daughter use it as a table to play with her dolls or Sesame Street on, but wasn't completely sold on that idea.


While we decided what to do with it, we had it sitting under a window in the dinning room.  My mom was over one day and said, "That would make a perfect bench."  That was it!  We never have enough seating in our living room when we have guests over.  I was going to turn that into a bench to put under the window in the living room.

First up was finding a seat cushion.  After pricing out what it was going to cost to make one, I thought I would try and find one already made first.  I was hoping that with it being the end of the summer season I would be able to find one that was meant for outdoor furniture at a good deal.  After a lot of searching, I finally found a love seat cushion with the right dimensions at Target.  I pulled some pillows out of storage and I had a comfortable bench.


I also ended up moving my office out of the toy room because I was sick of picking up everything after my daughter would decide to investigate my desk :)  My laptop is stored on one of the shelves and the two cupboards hold all of my important files and desk necessities (paper clips, stapler, binder hole punch, etc.)  So far, this has worked great.  She hasn't played with any of the stuff.  If it becomes an issue, I figure I can always get some locks for the cabinet doors :)

No comments: