Saturday, March 2, 2013

Recipe Binder

I love to cook!  I love to try out new recipes.  Over the past year, from all the different cooking magazines I have subscribed to, I have collected a huge amount of recipes to try.  The pile was starting to come overwhelming and when I did want to find something new to make for dinner, it would take me forever to go through the pile and find something that would work.  This weekend I decided to do something about it.

I sorted the recipes into main categories -  Breakfast, Snacks, Dinners, and Desserts.  I put these into folders labeled appropriately.

Now where to store the recipes that I really like once I try it out.  I currently use a recipe box, but I no longer have the time to sit and re-write the recipe onto a card.

Then I found an old picture album with the pages that are sticky and have a plastic covering.  This is going to work perfectly as a storage device for the recipes that I like from my pile.  I printed divider pages off of the computer with the same recipe headings as the folders.  When I like a recipe, I am going to cut it off of the page and place it in this binder.


The nice thing about the plastic covering is the recipe will be protected from food splatters and I am cooking it!

No comments: