Saturday, June 29, 2013

June Recipes

I try very hard to not cook the same things over and over.  Of course we have our family favorites, but I also enjoy cooking new things.  I try to cook something new each week.  In the past, I have subscribed to many cooking magazines to get new ideas.  I would tear out recipes that interested me.  Just recently I create a new organized way to store and save these recipes.  You can read about that here - Recipe Binder.  Now I have Pinterest :) The nice thing about Pinterest is I don't have to print off the recipes.  I can pin them to my boards and quickly access them on my iPad when I am meal planning and cooking.  Here are my recipe boards if you want to take a look:
                               Yummy Snacks                                   Slow Cooker
                               Delicious Desserts                                Soups
                               Drinks                                                  Daily Dinners
                               Good Morning Breakfast                       Lunches

Here are some amazing recipes that I tried this past month.










Nutella Yogurt Fruit Dip
I made this dip to go along with some fruit kabobs that I made for my sister-in-laws baby shower.  It was delicious!













Fruit Salsa with Baked Cinnamon Chips
My mom and I also made this for the baby shower.  It was so easy!













Ravioli with Sausage & Tomato Cream Sauce
My family loves ravioli so I am always looking for a new way to try it. I found this one in my Taste of Home magazine and my husband loves sausage so I thought this would be a good fit.  After dinner he asked to have this meal again :)

This month was a little slow on the new recipes.  Sorry!  I have been enjoying spending time outside with the family so we have been grilling the basics - hot dogs, brats, chicken, etc.  Hopefully next month I will get back in the routine of trying something new once a week.

No comments: