Saturday, November 30, 2013

November Recipes

Here are some new recipes that I tried this month:

Pumpkin Scones
I am up for trying anything pumpkin.  These were very good.  I didn't have any powdered sugar to make the glaze with and they were still good, so I am excited to try them again with the glaze :)

Pumpkin Pancakes
This is another great pumpkin recipe that I tried this month.  I loved how the pumpkin and maple syrup tasted together.  I am sure you could use this same recipe and turn them into waffles.  Maybe I will try that next month.

Pumpkin Smoothie
With the different pumpkin recipes that I tried this month, I had extra pumpkin pie filling.  I found this smoothie recipe to be a great way to use it up.  The graham crackers were a nice finish to this smoothie.  Through this recipe I also discovered that I could freeze the filling so I can enjoy this smooth at any time.

Caramel Pecan Pie
I am always in charge of bring the pecan pie to Thanksgiving dinner.  This year I wanted to try something new and this looked delicious.  It was very easy to make and everyone at dinner enjoyed it.

I try very hard to not cook the same things over and over.  Of course we have our family favorites, but I also enjoy cooking new things.  I try to cook something new each week.  In the past, I have subscribed to many cooking magazines to get new ideas.  I would tear out recipes that interested me.  Just recently I create a new organized way to store and save these recipes.  You can read about that here - Recipe Binder.  Now I have Pinterest :) The nice thing about Pinterest is I don't have to print off the recipes.  I can pin them to my boards and quickly access them on my iPad when I am meal planning and cooking.  Here are my recipe boards if you want to take a look:
Yummy Snacks                           
Slow Cooker
Delicious Desserts                         
Soups
Drinks                                           
Daily Dinners
Good Morning Breakfast                 
Lunches

No comments: